Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bon Anniversaire au Le Republic du France!

Just a quick note, but 220 years ago today, the Bastille in Paris fell to a mob of angry Parisian citizens. Oui mes amis cet est Le Jour de Bastille! Happy birthday France! Though we are in the 5th Republic since that day, France is still doing well and the republic is strong.... yup, I'm a Francophile and I freely admit it. Though I'm still working on how to speak well in that most poetic of languages I keep trying and get a little better each attempt I make. So raise a glass of champagne, mes amis, and wish the grand old lady a happy birthday! After all, she gave us Le Marquis de Lafayette and the Statue of Liberty. I think it's the least we can do to say, "Merci beaucoup, France."

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home