Saturday, June 20, 2009

Of Logic Boards and iPhones

Saturday 4:46 p.m.

So having been without a laptop computer for a time, I have been remise in getting my blog out until now. But in the end I have decided to get a new laptop which is intel processor based even though I have my older laptop back and it seems to be working just fine. The problem is that I have used my laptop so much this year in my classes that I just have to have a machine that is more powerful and reliable. More on this later...

Sunday 9:00 a.m.

Well the new iPhone has some really zonker new things it can do with the new OS 3.0. If you have a Mobile Me account you can do even more. While talking with my friend Bob yesterday at the Naked Lounge, we tried out the location service on Mobile Me for an iPhone. I did it with mine this morning and giving it a few moments it pretty much nailed the location. Then, and this was really cool, I was able to send the phone a message which was was able to be seen with a sound and vibration even though the phone was off. Then, and this is a final resort, if the phone message doesn't get the phone returned, you can remotely wipe out the data and applications essentially putting the phone back to factory reset (but it doesn't turn off the service to the phone). I'll keep updating everyone on the new computer tech as soon as I find new things...

P.S.

While I have my laptop back and that's fantastic, for some strange reason the Mobile Me sync settings were turned off. I don't know how this happened but it may have been part of what was necessary to replace the logic board.... hmmmm.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home