Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Financing and Computer Power

Tuesday 1:11 p.m.

Quick Post:

So I had to take my poor PowerBook G4 into the Apple Store and get it repaired. I had forgotten how old the beast was and when they told me I had purchased it in November of 2005, I just about shit a brick... 3 1/2 years old! No wonder it finally gave up the ghost and needed a new logic board. I have taken that machine back and forth to work, SF, NY City, Santa Barbara, LA, and so many other places as well as using the crap out of it this year after I got the SmartBoard for the class. I finally came to realize that I just had to have a more robust machine and one that was more powerful. So many things have happened since the Intel-Macs cam out that I need at least one and I may as well start out with the new laptop.

BUT... I didn't plan on spending the dough to get a new computer for travel and work. I DID plan on getting one for the living room dedicated to music and gaming that I can access from the net as well so I was planning on using the Vizio 42" TV for the monitor, my bluetooth mouse and wireless keyboard and I'd have a great machine for the music and games that I'd wanted. So the new laptop came at a bad time. LUCKILY, Apple has a financing deal with Juniper VISA through Barclay Bank that gives you 0% financing for 12 months on the first purchase with Apple over $1000! OK, I did my last laptop the same way... I went on-line, filled out the application and ..... APPROVED... but... I have to wait 7 to 10 days before the card arrives before I can make the purchase.


I hate waiting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home