Monday, July 13, 2009

Concoctions 1


I have been having fun with my friends lately and we've had a great time having our weekly Sunday Brunch. Last Sunday, while waiting for a table at Capitol Garage, we all decided to walk over to Zocalo's. It was a great idea. I love Mexican cuisine and they also serve one of my favorite mixed drinks; Death in the Afternoon. Originally from Ernest Hemingway (as the legend goes), I discovered it recently and just can't get enough. But as time has gone on, I decided, "Why don't I make one of my own?" and give it a cool name? Hey, if Ernest can come up with a good one, so can I. Here we go:

Death after Midnight
(working title)

Take the following in this order and put into a fluted champagne glass

1/2 oz. Chambourg Raspberry liqueur

1/2 oz. Pomegranate Juice

Fill remainder with Gran Spumante

Enjoy (But note it is very sweet so if you don't do that kind of drink, pass on this one)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home