Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Evolution of Homer sapien


I love going to the Richard Dawkins website and seeing what other people have sent links to. Sometimes they are so well timed to my life it can be almost to much of a coincidence to my mind. As an example. I am beginning the unit on Geology for my Honors students and began to go over the evidence that supports plate tectonics and the dating of rock layers. Well, that inevitably leads one to fossils and the formation of fossils which leads to dating of rocks with the knowledge of how species evolve. So I did my shtick on evolution (even though I am not a biologist I do know my evolutionary theory very well) and proceeded to get all the misunderstandings out of the way as well as refresh the minds of my students on a very important topic they learned just the year before. Next, I come home and see this:



I mean if Homer Simpson can do it, why can't most politicians and "theologians"?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home