Monday, July 24, 2006

Heat Waves and Promises


Nine days of heat over 100 degrees. I need the summer heat to die away. I need the cool nights. I made a promise to myself at the beginning of the year and I need cool weather to keep that promise. The promise? That I would not only go back to the dojo but start to formalize my own art; yes, and art of my own making. What is it like? Well that all depends on how I think it will go best together for I have learned from so many disciplines. I know how I want to start and that is with the unarmed forms. I tend to think in the Japanese way and so my forms will be known as katas but they will also be named in Japanese and Latin for descriptive clarity. How is that? You'll have to wait and see. But the final phase of the practice will not be in gee and hakima. No, I will develop my own armor that will be the final phase of the art. I am thinking of the Kagedo, meaning the way of the shadow. Another idea is the Way of Night and Shadows. At this point in time it's name is actually pretty irrelevant. But I know what needs to be done... I sit here typing and I can see what it is that I am moving like and what weapons I am wielding and in my mind's eye I can see each and every move. Now, for the heat to break, a new deck to be made, and the will of Hashujin and the Hachiman to guide me. The rest is time and practice. Progress report to come later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home