Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Small Victory


It's funny sometimes when you set a small goal for the day (or the run) and you break right through it without even trying. Today, I set off on my usual run. I hadn't run the park run for a couple of days since I was helping a friend rebuild a deck (that was my upper body workout or the week). I figured that I might get close to 35 minutes for my 3.42 mile run but that I had better not push it. I stretched out, put on my iPod ear-buds, started the run music and set off. I started off the warm-up slowly with what seemed to me to be a moderate pace. I usually let the music and it's changes in song and tempo give me an idea of how long to run before taking a swift walk instead. But, about halfway through the run, I thought I might me making pretty good time. I got around the park, set out down Sutterville, down the hill, up the grade, and back home. I sat down and looked at the time: 32 minutes 50 seconds! Holy crap!! That gave me a per mile time of 9.60.... that was so cool. And I wasn't even trying hard! It's so nice to start a day with these small victories to keep you going. Here's to all your small victories this week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home