Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Ruminations

It was a wonderful time with family and friends (though many of my friends are with their families right now and so things are not hopping as much with friends until they make their ways back to Sacramento). My parents are in good shape, my niece is growing into a wonderful young lady, and my nephews fiance is all a twitter about her impending marriage. And here I am... I'm the dependable uncle, son, brother whose life is ... rather unknown to them in actuality. And I've been given to thinking about the upcoming new year.

There seems to be a convergence of events ready to occur with me... I've been looking for a life's partner and so far nothing. My work is coming along but I hate certain duties of being a department boss. And I have caught myself realizing that I'm getting much closer to 50, my plans for house, computers, music are all starting to come together, and to add more interesting stuff... it is the Year of the Tiger next year. "My Year" in a chinese manner of speaking. The start of the school year left me a bit drained of energy and now that it's approaching the 1/2 way mark I am just now starting to get the hang of it. I'm hoping that the upcoming year will be my Annos Luminos - my 'Year of Light' and that I can make plans now that will all come to fruition.... more thoughts later. Thanks for letting me vent.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home