Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Tragic Death in America...


And now the time I have dreaded has finally arrived. The great protector of our persons, the cornerstone of freedoms for 800 years, the advocating principle for giviing the right to challenge the state.... it is dead. Dead by the stroke of an imbecile's pen, the notions of challenges to power to arrest and detain our person alive since the Magna Carta... and few of you even noticed. I am not the most eloquent of writers... my heart too often gets in the way rather than guides me. I leave it to the man most like Edward R. Murrow for our troubled days to say it for me:

1 Comments:

Blogger TheLabRat said...

It says a lot about how bad tihngs have gotten that I've become so allergic to news that I had no idea this was happening. Which techinically makes me part of the problem. But after a lifetime of watching this crap and eight years of working directly around it, I find it hard to care anymore. My options are bad and less bad. Jebus.

This is so depressing.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home